First Workshop – Summary and Results
On the first nexus Workshop participated: Fermesk Abdolrahman, Bilal Bulut, Aziz Capkurt, Melina Delpho, Hicran Demir, David Fischer, Claudia Grönemeyer, Rabbi Heybetoğlu, Annika Ley, Andreas Meidinger, Jennifer Merten, Yadigar Uzun and as workshop leader Mirza Metin and Frank Heuel. Translator was Nihat Mert.
For two days we exchanged ideas and expectations with regard to nexus and reported on and discussed theater aesthetics, playing styles and reception experiences in Kurdish and German theaters.
The workshop participants combine goals with the foundation and work of the new Kurdish-German theater network
- to be seen as an artist and not as part of a political discourse
- make multicultural contacts for your own theatrical work
- connecting different languages and people in the work,
- to meet at eye level,
- continue to build the network together and share ideas,
- find a way onto the stage via the network in Germany,
- to find something like home in the artistic work
- to create the basis for understanding and storytelling in cooperation.